In progress indicator

Heliotropium arborescens 'Marine'

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Georgie

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I grew this plant for the first time last year (from seed) and I will never be without it again. It grew happily in containers on the patio, was an insect magnet and smelt wonderful. The dark foliage is a wonderful contrast for many plants and this year I'll be trying it next to French Lavender.

Georgie

• Views: 738
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 19th April 2009 20:09

Cherry Pie

Reply from Fi

Hi Georgie, did you know this was an old victorian plant they used to call cherry pie? Due to its scent, it's lovely honey sweet. It seems to have come back into fashion as I found lots of little plants in my local nursery and will go back and get some I think. It was a choice between Lemon Verbena, a nostalgic smell from childhood, or Heliotrope - lv won this time, planted next to my bench!
Have you got a pic of your Fuschia by the way?
Fi

• Posted: Mon. 20th April 2009 21:18

Cherry Pie

Reply from Georgie

Hi Fi. I knew the common name was 'Cherry Pie' but didn't know it was back in fashion. I can't imagine why it ever went out of fashion, it's so lovely.

There is a picture in the plant database of my Fuchsia Lady Boothby - click on the photo tab. It's just a single bloom, 'though. I'm not certain if I have a photo of the whole plant but if I do I'll upload it.

Georgie

• Posted: Tue. 21st April 2009 18:18