In progress indicator

Pineapple sage

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Jill Chambers

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Can you keep it over the winter?

• Views: 294
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Fri. 23rd October 2015 16:19

Delicate

Reply from Bea

I love this plant but it just seems to disappear over winter in a pot, I haven't tried it in the ground yet. I guess it may need to be brought in as probably does not like wet same as other salvias.

• Posted: Thu. 26th November 2015 11:26

Re: Pineapple sage

Reply from Inez Hardie

I read that it was frost hardy so I've kept mine inside at the moment. Have you tried propagating it? I wondered how successful that'd be as I don't want to lose it. I also have a tangerine sage which I'm keeping indoors at the moment and would like to propagate it too so's I have a back-up if the mother plant dies... has anyone any ideas of best time to do this?

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Fri. 5th February 2016 15:45

Reply from Inez Hardie

I read that it was frost hardy so I've kept mine inside at the moment. Have you tried propagating it? I wondered how successful that'd be as I don't want to lose it. I also have a tangerine sage which I'm keeping indoors at the moment and would like to propagate it too so's I have a back-up if the mother plant dies... has anyone any ideas of best time to do this?

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Fri. 5th February 2016 15:45

Reply from Karen Clayton

Everything I have heard says no, it needs to be brought in protected from the cold and frost. I will say however that i have one that has over wintered outside through a week of -5 and seems to be growing back ok. maybe i was just lucky.

• Posted: Mon. 13th May 2019 18:48