In progress indicator

Garden design tool

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Joanne Evans

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I've been using the garden design tool for a little while. The problem I am having is that it does not create designs to scale when they are printed out e.g. if a drawing is printed out on A4 what scale is this? Is there something I am missing or do I need to upgrade to be a Pro Member for this functionality? Joanne

• Views: 438
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Thu. 10th December 2015 18:25

Re: Garden design tool

Reply from Nicola

Hi Joanne,

Sorry for the delay in replies. I am looking to hire someone in the New Year to answer members' questions as we are not on top of all these quickly enough. The garden design tool allows you to set your own dimensions so the scale it prints is really dependent on what you set as a scale.

FYI - It is not really intended as a professional tool but rather for home gardeners who want to get a sense of scale as opposed to using to a particular scale for professional purposes.

I hope that makes sense. Is there a particular scale you'd like it to print to? I can ask if there is a settings that will allow you to achieve that scale.

Kind regards, Nicola

• Posted: Mon. 21st December 2015 14:13

Re: Re: Garden design tool

Reply from Joanne Evans

Hi Nicola. Thanks for your reply. Regarding scale it depends on the size of the garden! Smaller gardens I have been designing in Shoot probably at 1:50. How do I set the scale in Shoot. I am just finding that if I print a design to say A4 I don't understand what scale it is printing in even with using a scale ruler.
Regards, Joanne

• Posted: Tue. 22nd December 2015 08:24

Re: Re: Re: Garden design tool

Reply from Nicola

Hi Joanne, if you go to Settings (third think from the left) then select 'Grid Settings' these are your options - you can determine the size of the grid there. See attached

When you print the page adjusts to the amount of the grid you have added a design to - so it might be smaller than the grid you defined.

There is an option to print the grid lines and ruler when you print so that should give you the scale you need. See attached. Does that help?

Thanks Nicola

Re: Re: Re: Garden design toolRe: Re: Re: Garden design tool

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 22nd December 2015 09:29

Re: Re: Re: Re: Garden design tool

Reply from Joanne Evans

Thanks for the message. I've tried that option. However it is still not clear what scale it is being printed to on A4.

I'll be starting to use Vectorworks next year so that should hopefully solve the problem.

Regards Joanne

• Posted: Tue. 22nd December 2015 15:36