In progress indicator

Printing Plant list

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Robert Spencer

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi
I have not used design feature for a while and have been busy in the garden planting.
I want to print out a simple list of plants that I have already entered into the garden WITHOUT photos and long descriptions, .

Is their a way of doing this?

• Views: 503
  • Replies: 9
  • Posted: Sat. 12th December 2015 15:36

Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from Nicola

Hi Robert, thanks for your question. You can print plant lists from two locations in Shoot.

1) You can get a simple list in the 'Report' tab of the garden planner. Please ensure all the plants in your list are associated to shapes in your garden plan. See a preview sample attached.

2) Or print from the 'My plant list' which is not in the garden planner tool. Currently this printing option only comes in one format. We are looking at offering a simple list option as well but that will likely be a few months off to develop.

Thanks,
Nicola

Re: Printing Plant list

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Sat. 12th December 2015 19:25

Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from Robert Spencer

Thank you Nicola, report format will do nicely!
I just have to associate all my plants with shapes now!
I was planning on doing that anyway :)

• Posted: Mon. 14th December 2015 09:36

Re: Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from Nicola

Wonderful - Pls do let us know how you get on. Cheers Nicola

• Posted: Mon. 14th December 2015 12:50

Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from J B Nicholson

I'm new to Shoot and am busy inputting some 500 plants to three gardens! Is there any news of the simple plant list mentioned here, e.g. one line per plant without details, to be used as a check list. I'm not yet using the design feature. I can't bring myself to wander round with the full list at three plants per page!!

• Posted: Tue. 31st May 2016 19:54

Re: Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from Nicola

Hi JB, Yes indeed. You can now download all the plants you enter into Shoot. Is that what you want to do? Go to your 'Plants I have' list, select the plants you want to download and then select the last drop-down option 'Download'.

By the way we also now have a 'multi-plant' add which would help you add 100s of plants all in one click. Here is a How to use our ‘multi-plant’ add feature video here.

I hope these help?

Kind regards Nicola

• Posted: Tue. 31st May 2016 20:21

Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from J B Nicholson

It worked well thanks - just what I wanted as i can now walk round with the printout in my hand checking that the plants are all there and in the places I expect them to be. I have first to manually attach an alphabetical area, as a group, to each plant record so i can check by one group (area) at a time. The import of a large excel plant list of 300 plants worked well, and I had found the video helpful, though some 130 of them did not come across, due largely to the odd misspelling, and I must work through that to complete the set up on Shoot. Thanks Jonathan

• Posted: Tue. 31st May 2016 23:11

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from Nicola

Great Jonathan, can you tell us more about this garden? Sounds amazing. Cheers, Nicola

• Posted: Wed. 1st June 2016 07:52

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from J B Nicholson

Amazing is not the right word! It's a challenge,yes, but we're winning. The property was built in around 1790 and was a private family home. Many of the trees date back to that time. The family died off and in 1925 it was bought by a closed order of nuns, who may also have done some planting. They moved out in about 1995 and the estate was bought by a developer who turned the house into flats and built new houses, in the old style to match, and we live in one of those. There are 17 dwellings in all. some of them have small private gardens (ours is tiny) but all of us have access to about 11 acres of communal grounds, and we all contribute to the cost of upkeep. Someone has to be in overall charge and that's me! The gardens were quite well planted by the developer, but were rather neglected for some years and allowed to get a bit overgrown. I've been here four years and we have made good strides in reclaiming the gardens and clearing the woodland of quantities of bamboo, and terrible cherry laurel trees,under which nothing would grow. We're definitely not open to the public as it is a private estate, but give us another ten years and who knows?!

• Posted: Sun. 5th June 2016 04:29

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing Plant list

Reply from Nicola

WOW - thanks for sharing all about it. Some ancient woodland there!

Just curious if there would be interest in sharing the Shoot garden profile(s) you create with the other owners? We currently allow Professionals to share their garden profiles with other members which they can pay for or allow their clients to pay for directly. Do you think the other 16 dwellings would be interested to see the Shoot garden too?

Cheers and thanks again for sharing, Nicola

• Posted: Sun. 5th June 2016 06:14