In progress indicator

Weather

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Joanne 9919

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

It's absolutely pouring down here today. There hasn't been any let up since last night.
The Met Office have forcast a hot dry summer. Do think this is going to be the case? It's hard to imagine it with the rain we're having at the moment.
Jo.

• Views: 585
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Fri. 15th May 2009 10:53

On/off in London

Reply from Nicola

Hi Jo! It is has been fairly mixed here today. We have had spells of nice weather and then heavy downpours lasting about 20 mins... I do soooo hope it is a nice summer too! We need it. All the best Nicola

• Posted: Fri. 15th May 2009 15:23

Normal?

Reply from Fi

Hi Jo!
I think this may be normal weather for early May, but we've forgotten with the too warm April and previous years dry springs etc. It feels and looks more like the childhood memories of the garden - at least the plants are getting established, the mix of sun/rain is certainly making the grass and perennials grow!
Looking forward to warmer weather certainly, and some rain too - don't relish a hot dry summer at all.
How's the allotment?
Fi

• Posted: Fri. 15th May 2009 23:50

Allotment

Reply from Joanne 9919

Hi Fi,

Well, we've had a couple of thunderstorms over the last couple of days but today it's lovely and sunny. Typical! I'm in work today.

I'm still working hard on the allotment. We've got quite a few beds dug over but it's a slow job removing all the weeds so we've got lots of beds still to do. I'm not going to rush things though, better to do it properly.

Jo.

• Posted: Sun. 17th May 2009 08:30