OK
In progress indicator

What can I put around my arbor/bench+pergola?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Tip from Tamara

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi, I'm a new gardener and have decided to transform my front garden. It's south facing and I think it would be lovely to have a seating area to enjoy the weather. The space is small and I want to make the most of it. If I place a bench+pergola or arbor in my garden nook, what can I plant around it? Should I let the grass continue under the bench or can I continue my plant bed underneath it? At the moment the border is a sleeping vegetable bed. I welcome alternative ideas.

What can I put around my arbor/bench+pergola?

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 557
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sun. 5th March 2017 10:32

Re: What can I put around my arbor/bench+pergola?

Reply from Nicola

Hi Tamara, welcome to Shoot. Do you want an introduction to a garden designer in your area? We have a lot of garden designer members. Please look here

Also here are some articles which might give you some inspiration. South facing garden planting and Courtyard gardens

Or you can try to search as well e.g. plants for full sun Cheers Nicola

• Posted: Sun. 5th March 2017 11:38

Reply from Arabella Tate

If you place a bench+pergola or arbor in your garden nook, then you can plant some grass under the bench.

• Posted: Wed. 7th June 2017 07:36

Reply from Becca Duncan

Hi Tamara,
You could make the most of that vertical space and plant a beautiful climbing rose if it is a sunny south facing garden? Depending on your choice of colour, the Generous Gardener, Teasing Georgia and climbing Iceberg are 3 gorgeous fragrant and repeat flowering varieties.
Becca

• Posted: Fri. 22nd September 2017 11:28