OK
In progress indicator

I was wondering if anyone knew why 4 out of my 5 roses have failed to do any thing so far this year , there is no sign of leaves let alone rosebuds . they are planted in different areas of my garden , there is no sign of disease . I have grown roses for

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Sandra Robinson

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I was wondering if anyone knew why 4 out of my 5 roses have failed to do any thing so far this year , there is no sign of leaves let alone rosebuds . they are planted in different areas of my garden , there is no sign of disease . I have grown roses for years and have never had this problem . As i have said i have one rose that is doing fine ,lovely glossy leaves and buds on it . Do you think perhaps the late frost we had has damaged them and should i prune them right back and see if that revives them . I have added a couple of photo's of the roses from last year .

I was wondering if anyone knew why 4 out of my 5 roses have failed to do any thing so far this year , there is no sign of leaves let alone rosebuds . they are planted in different areas of my garden , there is no sign of disease .  I have grown roses for years and have never had this problem . As i have said i have one rose that is doing fine ,lovely glossy leaves and buds on it . Do you think perhaps the late frost we had has damaged them and should i prune them right back and see if that revives them .I was wondering if anyone knew why 4 out of my 5 roses have failed to do any thing so far this year , there is no sign of leaves let alone rosebuds . they are planted in different areas of my garden , there is no sign of disease .  I have grown roses for years and have never had this problem . As i have said i have one rose that is doing fine ,lovely glossy leaves and buds on it . Do you think perhaps the late frost we had has damaged them and should i prune them right back and see if that revives them .

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 259
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Wed. 31st May 2017 09:11

Re: I was wondering if anyone knew why 4 out of my 5 roses have failed to do any thing so far this year , there is no sign of leaves let alone rosebuds . they are planted in different areas of my garden , there is no sign of disease . I have grown roses

Reply from Carol

Are they possibly dry? It's not been a very wet spring and I find my roses like a good drench of water every few weeks if that's the case. Mind you, no leaves at all sounds a bit serious - are there no buds sprouting?

• Posted: Sun. 4th June 2017 07:53

Re: Re: I was wondering if anyone knew why 4 out of my 5 roses have failed to do any thing so far this year , there is no sign of leaves let alone rosebuds . they are planted in different areas of my garden , there is no sign of disease . I have grown ro

Reply from Sandra Robinson

Thanks for your reply , I think you are right about the watering, there were sprouting buds but they did dry up .I thought i was watering to much but i dug down deep near to the roses and found that the soil was quite dry. I have lost one but the others are looking like they will recover .

• Posted: Fri. 4th August 2017 21:07