In progress indicator

Help identyfiying plant!

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Joanne Thackray

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have this plant in my back yard. I have just started to cut it back because it was overgrown. The plant has nice green leaves at the top and sometimes has some sort of flower on it, it grows very long and creeperish like, seems to grow around my bins and shed door. Underneath it is just very twiggy, and to me looks a bit dead. I have no idea about plants and gardening so any help identifying the plant and any advice what I should do with it would be very much appreciated.

Help identyfiying plant!Help identyfiying plant!

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 335
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Tue. 18th July 2017 12:29

Re: Help identyfiying plant!

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Looks like a lonicera and is a vine, rather than a shrub.

• Posted: Tue. 18th July 2017 21:17

Reply from Carol

It looks like a variety of honeysuckle (Lonicera). You can safely cut out any of the 'dead' woody bits, and cut it back as hard as you like - it will almost certainly sprout again next year.

• Posted: Wed. 19th July 2017 06:38

Reply from Joanne Thackray

Thank you for your replies, I'm not sure whether to remove it would this be this be relatively simple? I'm worried about roots and what's underneath the ground?

• Posted: Wed. 19th July 2017 17:18

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

I would wait till Feb. then make decisions about which stalks to take out, keeping the strongest ones, giving it a trellis to climb on and then ever so often thinning it so it does not get into a tangled mess.

• Posted: Thu. 20th July 2017 12:11