In progress indicator

The Crocosmia are Flowering at last!!!

In progress indicator
Full size image

General post from Mark Fox

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I just love this time of the year when all our Crocosmia start to send up their flowers stems and start to open. All the time and care looking after them all just seems to be worthwhile.
Oh I am the Holder of the National Collection of Crocosmia and have about 275+ varieties that are all grown in pots. We have around 4000 pots in the garden and they all have to be put away for the winter and taken out again in the spring!! Lots and lots of hard work involved.
This is the first time i have ever posted anything on here so you will have to excuse anything i do wrong!!
If you have any questions on Crocosmia I will gladly try to answer you..
Mark
www.simplesite.com/crocosmia

The Crocosmia are Flowering at last!!!

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 1448
  • Replies: 10
  • Posted: Mon. 3rd August 2009 17:57

Hi Mark!

Reply from Nicola

Welcome to Shoot! Thanks for the nice photo and offer to help people with their questions too. Hope you enjoy the site! (by the way just got your list through - will email you back to say it is safely with us). All the best, Nicola

• Posted: Mon. 3rd August 2009 18:31

Hi Nicola

Reply from Mark Fox

Thank you for the welcome........
Well, i believe in helping people if i can. I have a lot of knowledge on crocosmia so hey why not share!!
I am sure i will love the site.
Thank you

Mark

Hi Nicola

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 4th August 2009 15:56

Hi Mark

Reply from Debbie Burt

I love crocosmia too, they look so exotic but are very easy to grow.I just had a quick look at your website, lovely to see so many different varieties, had no idea there were so many.
Shoot is a great site and Nicola is really nice and helpful, but the forums are a little slow, people seem to lurk rather than post!
Debbie

• Posted: Tue. 4th August 2009 12:43

Thanks!

Reply from Nicola

Hi Debbie - nice to see you here:-). I agree Mark's site is great.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope the forums pick up a bit for you all. If you post a little bit more and also reply to others (there was some grumbles about people not getting replies when they took time to write) it should really get flourishing. Having said that - we only launched about a year ago and have abou 3,200 posts... not too bad!

Bye for now, Nicola
p.s. Mark - have you see Debbie's garden on Shoot? She is going to open for NGS next year and has won a recent award for her garden.

• Posted: Tue. 4th August 2009 13:49

Nicola

Reply from Mark Fox

Thank you for the kind words about my site....
I didn't know the forums existed until yesterday......... but i will attempt to keep posting stuff. Hopefully people will join in the chats!!

No, I haven't seen Debbie's garden yet but i will have a look in a few mins....

Pleased you received the list of plants i sent you.... that will keep you busy for a day or two. hahahaha

Take care
Mark

PS I forgot to tell you......... a lady from Amateur Gardening magazine came round this morning to do an interview and photos. I will let you know when its going to the press.

• Posted: Tue. 4th August 2009 15:49

Amateur Gardening

Reply from Nicola

Oooooo... that is great - very good to get press interest. I hope it goes well for you. Yes please let us know when it is going to come out. Also please post any events etc you have here too. Bye for now, Nicola

• Posted: Tue. 4th August 2009 17:05

Hi Debbie

Reply from Mark Fox

I am pleased you love Crocosmia too... yes they do look very very exotic.
They are a very misunderstood plant though, but hopefully i can help people realise how wonderful they are by what i put on my website.
Yes, i agree, shoot is a great site, once i get the hang of navigating around.
Yes, i have spoken to Nicola on the phone and she is very nice and very helpful...
Mark

• Posted: Tue. 4th August 2009 15:53

Your email is down :-)

Reply from Nicola

Hi Mark - hope you get this message. Just tried to write to you but I think your email is down. Drop me a line when your email is working again? Many thanks Nicola

• Posted: Fri. 7th August 2009 17:57

Reply from Mark Fox

Nicola

The email is back and working again..........

Mark

• Posted: Sat. 22nd August 2009 19:27

Help needed: Crocosmia

Reply from natasha

Hi Mark. How funny that I just saw your old post. Perhaps you can help me! Please could you answer my topic.. newly posted under GENERAL.
Thanks
Tash

• Posted: Mon. 28th September 2009 17:06