In progress indicator

Acanthus type

In progress indicator
Full size image

Photo from anthony

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi. Can anybody help me to identify the plant at the back of the photo. I believe it to be acanthus but it has smaller leaves than my other acanthus plants. It has a white acanthus type flower. Thank you Anthony

Acanthus type

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 496
  • Replies: 8
  • Posted: Sat. 24th February 2018 20:58

Re: Acanthus type

Reply from Carol

It doesn't look like acanthus to me. Delphinium maybe? Have you no pictures of it in flower? Is it as green as this now in February?

• Posted: Sat. 24th February 2018 21:49

Re: Re: Acanthus type

Reply from anthony

Sorry, should have said the photo is April last year. I have now found a September photo. Thank you

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 27th February 2018 23:04

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Take a look at pictures of Aconitum napellus, when was this picture taken? It is pretty tall for Feb. but you might be in a warmer clime.

• Posted: Sun. 25th February 2018 14:15

Reply from anthony

Sorry, should have said the photo is April last year. I have now found a September photo. Thank you

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 27th February 2018 23:05

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

Sorry, did not pay attention to the white flower bit, check out aconitum ivorine, it is earlier than the other aconitums, aconitums are very poisonous, wear gloves.

• Posted: Mon. 26th February 2018 13:45

Reply from anthony

Hi thank you for your replies. I should have said that the photo was last spring. I did not think I had a photo of the flowers however I have now found one ..attached is a September photo

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 27th February 2018 22:58

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

The picture is not clear, I notice other flowers blooming, are they delphiniums? Aconitums look like cowls worn by monks on their heads,Ivorine is the earliest, the nappelus blooms in June, the cammarum blooms in July and the carmichelii in Fall, they are all aconitums, don't know if the spelling is right, but google should get you there.

• Posted: Wed. 28th February 2018 14:09

Reply from anthony

Thank you for your help. I have now checked ou Aconitums as you suggested and am pretty sure that's what they are

• Posted: Tue. 13th March 2018 17:07