In progress indicator

Shrub and trailing plant ID help needed

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Sandy

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

This is my third time asking for ID help as I'm a complete beginner. We have this bush/shrub in a pot. It has beautiful, very striking variegated leaves and I'd like to take cuttings off it so would like to know what it actually is. It might even be a tree which has been bonzied by being in a pot. It's about 3ft tall and prefers being in partial shade. I've included a full shot and close-up photo of it's leaves below.
The second one I'd like identified is growing on our rockery and along some of our borders. It's very pretty and has yet to flower. So the photo I took is from last year. An acquaintance suggested it might be wild violets but wasn't sure.
Many thanks in advance for any help IDing these plants.

Shrub and trailing plant ID help neededShrub and trailing plant ID help neededShrub and trailing plant ID help needed

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 227
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Wed. 16th May 2018 06:32

Re: Shrub and trailing plant ID help needed

Reply from Carol

The variegated plant looks like a Pittosporum to me, but I am not an expert on varieties.

The other blue flower is a variety of Campanula - but again, there are many varieties. (There's some bindweed in amongst it too!)

• Posted: Wed. 16th May 2018 11:03

Re: Shrub and trailing plant ID help needed

Reply from ELAINE HUTSON

The first and 3rd pictures look like Euonymous maybe emerald gaiety, check it out, the campanula is a ground cover type, maybe potenschlagiana, may not be the correct spelling there is another Russian sounding one that sounds similar.porshaskiana.

• Posted: Wed. 16th May 2018 15:01