In progress indicator

Triangulation

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Susannah Betts

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Would be grateful if someone could advise how you plot onto the design using triangulation ? I tend to use triangulation more often than right angles off a baseline when surveying. Both methods are proving really hard to plot correctly with this program but any advice would be gratefully received.

• Views: 32
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 2nd December 2019 17:11

Re: Triangulation

Reply from Susan Bonnett

Hi Susannah I use triangulation especially for finding the locations of trees etc in the middle of the garden. I have attached a photo showing how I have drawn two lines to find where a tree is sited using the tools tab and selecting the fence option. I can then draw lines that are the requisite length. Hopefully the image which is a screenshot will help.

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Wed. 4th December 2019 11:18

Reply from Susannah Betts

Hi Susan, thanks for your help but my point being I need to plot a lot within the design, the garden is a very awkward shape and of many different levels, and to use triangulation properly you need to draw 2 arcs and plot where they cross. Fiddling around constantly adjusting two lines is just so time consuming, its okay if there is just 1 feature but not for lots. I am finding this programme to be very un-user friendly and very limited in everything but actually putting plants on the page. Thanks anyway.

• Posted: Wed. 4th December 2019 12:01