In progress indicator

What is this plant?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Anthony Simmons

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

This garden plant grows from a sort of rhizome and has green velvety leaves with light green veins. Edges of the leaves are frilly. I can't work out whether it needs more water or less. It seems to wilt quite a bit. Maybe it needs shade. No flowers as yet.

What is this plant?

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 339
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Thu. 16th July 2020 17:55

Re: What is this plant?

Reply from Sheron Deards

I’m not sure, to be honest. A Begonia? Heuchera? Heucherella? I’m interested in why it keeps wilting. Is it pot bound? Have you taken it out of the pot? How big is it?

• Posted: Tue. 28th July 2020 17:24

Reply from Judith Varley-Evans

Looks like achemilla mollis. Should have slightly green velvety leaves which look beautiful after it rains, with lime green frothy flowers. Seems to really love my boggy damp cool northern garden. Likes moisture. Will grow quite happily in shade.

• Posted: Tue. 28th July 2020 18:01

What is this plant?

Reply from Gill Cotterell

It looks like a small gunnera or a rhubarb plant. If the former it may be struggling from lack of water and space as they grow to be huge. The latter also needs good moisture and they love muck if you want good stems for cooking.

• Posted: Tue. 28th July 2020 20:09

Reply from Simon Hickmott

Cineraria, Pericallis cruenta. They don't like direct sun, and are fussy as to watering, wilting if too wet or too dry, and if kept too wet for too long will rot off. This one looks a bit sun-burnt and perhaps could do with a feed. I expect you are seeing flower buds forming by now.

• Posted: Sun. 20th September 2020 11:14