In progress indicator

Orange/yellow plants

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from rebecca wingar

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Im a new gardener and just had my garden landscaped this summer. Recently a lot of my plants have been turning a light orange/yellow colour, beginning at the edges of the leaves and then covering each leave and spreading though the entire plant. I have tried cutting of the affected leaves to stop the spread but it isnt helping and ive noticed this morning that its spread to more plants. Has anyone any idea what this is and how i can stop it?

• Views: 720
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Thu. 12th November 2009 16:58

Plants turning colour

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Rebecca,
Any chance of posting a photo? Also, would you be able to tell me the name of the plants in question? It could be that many of them are deciduous and/or change colour .
Kathy C.

• Posted: Thu. 12th November 2009 19:46

Reply from rebecca wingar

Yes Kathy, i will try to post photos over the next few days. so far the plants affected are hosta, euphorbia, astilbe, pustilla vulgaris and sedum. thats as many as I can remember.

• Posted: Thu. 12th November 2009 22:39

Autumn changes

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Rebecca,
The majority of plants you have are deciduous so it is perfectly normal for them to turn colour and die back this time of year. Hosta, Astilbe, and Pulsatilla are all deciduous so they will certainly die back (unless you live in an area with very warm, mild winters). Some Euphorbia and Sedum are deciduous, some evergreen, but even evergreen ones might have some leaves turn colour and drop - usually older leaves. And, some Euphorbia are known for their lovely autumn leaf colour. Do you know what specific Euphorbia and Sedum you have?
Kathy C.

• Posted: Fri. 13th November 2009 00:49

autumn changes reply

Thanks Kathy, the only info i have on these are sedum autumn joy and euphorbia purpurea. These changes have been occurring for some months, making me think they are not seasonal changes. im going to add photos of the hosta so you can see the changes. thanks again

autumn changes reply

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Fri. 13th November 2009 23:31

pics

this was taken 3 days after the first pic, the position of the leaves is reversed from the other pic

pics

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Wed. 18th November 2009 19:06