In progress indicator

Play bark

In progress indicator
Full size image

General post from Chris Price

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi all, I'm a newbie to this site (and to gardening!!), I have made strides into redesigning my garden, and at the moment I am looking into covering a patio area at the bottom of my suburban garden with play bark, this is in order to make it more child-friendly for my toddler daughter who has a climbing frame and slide etc situated down there. I believe I will need about 4-5 cubic metres of play bark which is obviously going to cost me a fair sum, can anyone give me any recommendations as to a good supplier (at a very good price!), the best I have managed to find online so far is just under £90 a cubic metre.
Thanks all.
ps I am based in Hereford

• Views: 761
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Sat. 14th November 2009 15:18

Sourcing play bark

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Chris,
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with suppliers close to you, but you can search for suppliers on this site based on the area in which you live and what you are looking for. From the menu bar for the site, choose 'professionals' and then 'retailers and plant nurseries'. Once on the selection page, you can select your area and what you are looking for (product type). It is probably best for you to search under 'Children's play structures' or 'Turf & topsoil). You can even choose if you want to buy online or from a local retailer. Alternatively, (and this may sound a bit odd) I have had good luck sourcing many garden supplies from ebay!! Just be sure to read the reviews to see what previous buyers have said about the product being sold. I took a quick look before I typed this and there are loads of people/shops selling it for less than £90 - and that is including postage/delivery.
Good luck and please let me know if you find a good source!

• Posted: Tue. 17th November 2009 00:05