In progress indicator

Zantedeschia aethiopica

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Brian Dryburgh

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have recently planted 3 large specimen Zantedeschia aethiopica which were doing really well until this last week. Despite watering them every night, the leaves are turning yellow and the trumpet flowers are dying. They are planted in a south facing sheltered spot in full sun. The ground is very wet and the surface is mulched with bark chips. Help! Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance. Brian

• Views: 1183
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 15th June 2008 21:01

humm..

Reply from Cris

In my garden I have Zantedeschia too- the flowers are finishing now it seems- seems like most of my plants flowering times has been sped up by this weather we have had.
Are all the leaves going yellow- or just the outside ones? What type of soil are they planted in? I know you said they are mulched- but in the afternoon when you feel the soil at the roots- is it bone dry or is it still moist?

• Posted: Mon. 16th June 2008 20:53

Zantedeschia aethiopica

Reply from Rachel Atkinson

Zantedeschia plants are prone to getting yellowing of the leaves and this usually means they need a feed. have you tried a slow release feed that feeds up to a 6 month period? otherwise all you can do is just remove the yellowing of the leaves and keep them moist but not too wet.
Rachel.

• Posted: Wed. 25th February 2009 21:02