In progress indicator

Davidia involucrata (hankerchief tree)

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Chris Churchman

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have a mature Davidia involucrata in my garden, standing some 25 - 30 feet tall. The flowers came out late April but already have gonr from a lovely white to a yellow colour and srated to crumple up and the leaves have gone a very dark green/brown colour and have also dried up and gone brittle. It looks as though it's dying, but why? Any one out there have any ideas why it would suddenly do this?

• Views: 1015
  • Replies: 8
  • Posted: Sun. 16th May 2010 13:04

Davidia involucrata

Reply from Katy Elton

Hi Chris,

Very difficult to say without seeing it - is there any chance you could upload some photographs? It may be that it's suffered at the hands of the extremely long and cold winter we've just had, or it may have become diseased. If you're not able to upload photos you could try sending a sample to the RHS if you're a member. They have an identification service for damaged and diseased plants.

Hope this helps and look forward to hopefully seeing some photographs to enable us to know more about the problem. Sorry we couldn't say any more at this stage!

Thanks
Katy

• Posted: Mon. 17th May 2010 16:46

Davidia Involucrata

Reply from Chris Churchman

Hi Katy, thank you for your response. I have attached some photo's that may be of help. See what you think as I have no clues as to why the tree would suddenly do this.

Many thanks,
Chris

Davidia Involucrata

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 18th May 2010 21:44

Davidia Involucrata

Hi Katy, thank you for your response. I have attached some photo's that may be of help. See what you think as I have no clues as to why the tree would suddenly do this.

Many thanks,
Chris

• Posted: Tue. 18th May 2010 21:45

Davidia Involucrata

Many thanks,
Chris

Davidia Involucrata

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 18th May 2010 21:45

Davidia Involucrata

Many thanks,
Chris

• Posted: Tue. 18th May 2010 21:46

Davidia involucrata

Another photo Katy

Davidia involucrata

Click image to enlarge

• Posted: Tue. 18th May 2010 21:47

Davidia involucrata

and another photo