In progress indicator

Japanese anemone 'Honorine Jobert'

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Brian mc

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I am aware that this plant lies dormant over the winter but i am worried as i have bought 4 of them back in march (2010) and they are no yet popping there head throught the soil. I have also purchased september charms which i know are from the same family and are supposed to flower slightly before this plant- the charms are thriving really well and have developed really stong stems and leaves which makes me concerned that the jorbets are struggling.

I reside in central scotland - am i right to be worried about these plants.
19/05/2010

your advice would be much appreciated.

ps - i kept the palnts in the green house and they have been well watered.

• Views: 1317
  • Replies: 1
  • Posted: Wed. 19th May 2010 21:31

Japanese anemone 'Honorine Jobert'

Reply from Katy Elton

Hi Brian,

Japanese anemones can usually be expected to start showing signs of life in late spring. With the hefty winter this year it's highly possible that this will have been delayed along with so many other plants, so don't write them off just yet.

Are yours container grown or in the soil? They tend not to like disturbance, so if they're in the soil it's best to try and leave them there over winter. They tend to be fairly hardy, so a nice thick layer of mulch and maybe some horticultural fleece pinned over them should keep them protected.

Hope this helps, and that they recover well from the cold and being moved (if that was the case) and provide you with a bountiful display this year! Let us know how you get on.

Katy

• Posted: Thu. 20th May 2010 16:58