In progress indicator

Acer Palmatum Burgundy Lace - Leaf Problems

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Ann Brooks

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I am very new to gardening and have a recently planted an Acer Palmatum Burgundy Lace which was quite established when it was planted with an approx height of just over a metre. Please see image enclosed of when the Acer was first planted. It has been in the ground just over a month now and I am convcerned as the edges of the leaves have started to dry (they look almost scorched) and curl. Please see image enclosed of the leaves. Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

• Views: 1987
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 4th July 2010 15:13

Re: Acer Palmatum Burgundy Lace - Leaf Problems

Reply from Laura Thomas

Does look like leaf scorch - judging by the pic of the locale probably from too much direct sun. Acers do better in sheltered areas, with some shade and of course water. As a tree it will get thirsty

Laura

• Posted: Mon. 5th July 2010 22:37

Re: Acer Palmatum Burgundy Lace - Leaf Problems

Reply from Ann Brooks

Hello Laura,
Thanks so much for your reply. I did have a planting plan drawn up by an experinced gardener and although the Acer does get sun late morning top early afernoon it is in the shade the rest of the time. Maybe I have not been giving the tree enough water....so I will try that and see what happens. Would you know if its best to cut away the damaged leaves?

• Posted: Tue. 6th July 2010 16:55