OK
In progress indicator

Lonicera Japonica Halliana. Losing all the leaves from the bottom half of the plant

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Meadows

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Since planting about a month ago, all the leaves from the bottom to halfway up (at the moment) have turned yellow with black marks, dried up and fallen off. While at present the top half remains healthy and still growing well at the tips.

• Views: 2781
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 5th July 2010 07:21

Re: Lonicera Japonica Halliana. Losing all the leaves from the bottom half of the plant

Reply from ALISTAIR OLVER

Dear Meadows

This is perfectly normal for a honeysuckle, this time of year. After putting all its effort into flowering, it is feeling a bit exhausted and can't sustain all the foliage and so has to drop the lower ones; also, the dry weather will cause leaf fall. Give the plant a good feed with Vitax Q4 and a good water too, this should stop any further problems.

Regards

Alistair @ The Fertile Earth Consultancy

• Posted: Mon. 5th July 2010 14:47

Re: Lonicera Japonica Halliana. Losing all the leaves from the bottom half of the plant

Reply from Meadows

Thanks Alister, only thing is it is a new plant and had not flowers on it, it had no sign of any flowering at the time I bought it and would have expected the flowers about now as all my other honeysuckle are flowering. I have given it plenty of water and fed it, just wondering if it does not like the location or the soil. Never had this problem with my other honeysuckle or the other types I bought at the same time as this one they are all thriving but sitting in different parts of the garden. This one is in a place that gets most of the days sun and the soil is very dry, I will just have to ensure I water this one often and hope I do not lose any further leaves or the palnt it's self.

• Posted: Mon. 5th July 2010 15:31