OK
In progress indicator

Acer and some Rhododendron for growing in large pots

In progress indicator
Full size image

General post from Martin Gale (windygale)

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I would like some acers and some Rhododendron for growing in large pots,
I have chalk soil, and know they will Have to stay in pots, so iwould like to know, which ones are small and easy to maintain

• Views: 1072
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Fri. 8th October 2010 16:11

Re: Acer and some Rhododendron for growing in large pots

Reply from Stephen Harding

Rhododendrons Christmas Cheer, Cunninghams White, Choremia, Gloria Mundii, Elizabeth, Scarlet Wonder, Gartendirektor Rieger and Woodcock are all slower growing compact varieties which we stock at our nursery. Pictures of all these can be found on our website www.heaselandsnursery.co.uk .
Varieties of Acer ideal for pots would be the Japanese Maples such as Acer palmatum Dissectum and Atropurpureum which are very slow growing, Acer japonicum Aureum is one of the best yellow foliaged plants or for something a bit quicker growing, Acer palmatum Bloodgood or Osakazuki would be ideal. Any good garden centre should stock Japanese Maples in varying sizes and price.
If you wanted more of a tree in a pot, try Acer pseudoplatanus Brilliantissimum or Acer negundo Flamingo. You would not be dissappointed.

• Posted: Mon. 11th October 2010 15:49

Re: Re: Acer and some Rhododendron for growing in large pots

Reply from Martin Gale (windygale)

Thanks very much Stephen! Thanks for the recommendations. I'm very happy you replied and I will look at your website :-) Windygale

• Posted: Tue. 12th October 2010 07:20