In progress indicator

Designing with Grasses - Neil Lucas

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Gardens by Mike Palmer

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Grass guru, Neil Lucas, is the nine consecutive Chelsea Flower Show gold medalist and owner of the beautiful Knoll Gardens in Dorset.

In this Neil's first book he provides a fascinating and practical guide to using grasses in a wide variety of differing garden situations. And whilst the book is beautifully illustrated throughout with photographs by Neil and photographer Dianna Jazwinski, Neil's descriptions of grasses and how they change throughout the season are exquisite.

The book also contains a useful directory of grasses and grass-like plants, detailing where they grow best, dimensions and more.

This book is a must for gardeners and designers. I defy even the most experienced of us to put this book down without having learnt something new.

My blog http://gardensbymikepalmer.blogspot will be featuring an exclusive interview with Neil Lucas later this week.

• Views: 1377
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Wed. 23rd February 2011 09:08

Re: Designing with Grasses - Neil Lucas

Reply from Nicola

Hi Mike - thanks for sharing this with us. Delighted that Neil Lucas is now also a member of Shoot. Click here to meet Neil:))

• Posted: Wed. 23rd February 2011 09:17

Re: Re: Designing with Grasses - Neil Lucas

Reply from Gardens by Mike Palmer

Hi. My interview with Neil is a fascinating insight into him, his new book and the Chelsea Flower Show. If Neil is happy, would you be interested in sharing it with the Shoot readers?

I'm happy for you to see what I've written beforehand.

Mike

• Posted: Wed. 23rd February 2011 09:54

Re: Re: Re: Designing with Grasses - Neil Lucas

Reply from Nicola

Yes I would Mike thanks. I would be particularly interested in adding specific plant recommendations. We are all about plants here! Cheers Nicola

• Posted: Wed. 23rd February 2011 10:04