In progress indicator

Help Identify my Plant, please?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Sue Redfearn

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Have had this plant a number of years now and the label is long gone and forgotten!

It is a small shrub like plant which I have grown in a container - slow growing and I have only just re-potted it for the 3rd time.

It is evergreen but new leaves and stem are red tinted, sometimes it looks very pretty with lots of red tinted leaves.

Have never known it to flower.

Many thanks!

Sue

Help Identify my Plant, please? (07/04/2011)Help Identify my Plant, please? (07/04/2011)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 603
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Thu. 7th April 2011 18:20

Re: Help Identify my Plant, please?

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Sue
I think it might be a type of Leucothoe, perhaps L. axillaris - the only thing that makes me unsure of that id is that fact that yours has never flowered. However, Leucothoe likes acid conditions so if yours is one, it will want to be in ericaceous compost (you can get that at any garden centre).
Kathy C.

• Posted: Thu. 7th April 2011 23:32

Re: Help Identify my Plant, please?

Reply from Sue Redfearn

Hi Kathy,,

Thanks fLeucothoe axillarisor getting back to me - I believe you are correct, that it is a Leucothoe axillaris - and am thinking it could be a 'Scarletta'. Having looked on the web it is the closest match I could find.

I shall now remove it from the sunny position I placed it in yesterday.... and re-pot with acid soil, which luckily I have half a bag of.

Thanks again.

Sue

• Posted: Fri. 8th April 2011 09:59