In progress indicator

I would love to know the name of this Rose

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Jacqui Penning

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

The rose was in my garden when we moved here nearly 18 years ago, it was long and arching and very overgrown (dont think it had ever been pruned) and i pruned it back hard - it has lethal thorns on it - not many gaps between them! The flowers are just so beautiful and scented too and I would love to know its name.

I would love to know the name of this Rose (07/04/2011)I would love to know the name of this Rose (07/04/2011)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 875
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Thu. 7th April 2011 19:00

Re: I would love to know the name of this Rose

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Jacqui,
Hard to say - there are so many rose cultivars out there! My, guess, however, given its age and size, is it could be 'Tequila Sunrise' or 'Piccadilly' - how does the colour change as the flower ages? I also thought it could be 'Konfetti' or 'Circus' but they tend to be grown primarily for florists.
Kathy C

• Posted: Tue. 12th April 2011 18:37

Re: Re: I would love to know the name of this Rose

Reply from Jacqui Penning

Hi Kathy

Thanks for your response - I checked both those and don't believe it is either as the branches (?) reached easily 9 feet at least, in the days before I got tough with it and started pruning it back hard. At the moment its shooting up to about 3 feet from pruned back stump and growing fast!

Thanks anyway.
Jacqui

• Posted: Tue. 12th April 2011 19:18