In progress indicator

Only easy if you known the answer...

In progress indicator
Full size image

Comment from Chris Lawrence

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi. I'm trying to help a friend who has millions of plants in her front garden, some of which we can't identify. She wishes to keep them and incorporate them in a new look for her garden. Can anyone help us please? Photos can be found by clicking on the hyperlink below. Thank you!

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/756705271

• Views: 650
  • Replies: 3
  • Posted: Sun. 1st May 2011 06:27

Re: Only easy if you known the answer...

Reply from Carol

Starting points for a few of them.... 1: hydrangea (oakleaf? lacecap), 9: Geranium phaeum (samobor?) 14; another hardy geranium - easier to identify in flower, 15 Weigela? (several of the variegated ones before this reminded me of Weigela or Deutzia), 16: Spiraea?, 17: Hibiscus? (they certainly come into leaf late), 19; hardy geranium (sanguinem), 23: Heuchera, 24: Centaurea montana, 25: Peony - only identifiable further in flower, 26: Another cranesbill geranium (not familiar), 29: Iris (only identifiable in flower).

• Posted: Sun. 1st May 2011 16:37

Reply from Angie Robertson

I think plants no 3,4 and 10 are weigela?, plant 8 and 18 are possibly hemerocalis or crocosmia? I also agree with the previous answer. Hope this helps.

• Posted: Sun. 1st May 2011 22:55

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Chris,
The first one is Viburnum opulus (or a cultivar) - I'll have to check out the others when I have a little more time to peruse. I agree with other posts about the Geraniums. Pity more things arent flowering - that always make idents that much easier! :)
Kathy C

• Posted: Mon. 2nd May 2011 20:32