In progress indicator

Unidentified plants in my garden

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from LB

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have a new house with a lot of unidentified plants in the garden - I'm hoping someone can help! Does anyone know what the attached are?
Photo 1 - a climber, yellowy leaves
Photo 2 - cabbagey leaves, quite a large and squat plant
Photo 3 - long leaves which spread like wildfire in early spring, now cover a whole bed. Someone suggested to me they may be some kind of lily but no flowers as yet.

Thank you!

Unidentified plants in my garden (01/05/2011)Unidentified plants in my garden (01/05/2011)Unidentified plants in my garden (01/05/2011)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 724
  • Replies: 5
  • Posted: Sun. 1st May 2011 20:07

Re: Unidentified plants in my garden

Reply from Anna Beta

Hi, and welcome to Shoot. The climber may be a wisteria. The broad leafed plant is a hosta, and I suspect the long leafed plant may be a crocosmia, but you would need a flower to check for sure. Sorry I can't be specific on varieties, but that should get you started.

• Posted: Sun. 1st May 2011 21:00

Re: Re: Unidentified plants in my garden

Reply from LB

Thank you so much for your help - I've googles hosta and crocosmia and am now really keen to see if I get crocosmia flowers!

• Posted: Sun. 1st May 2011 22:52

Re: Re: Re: Unidentified plants in my garden

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, LB,
I am wondering if the second one is Agapanthus rather than Crocosmia? Bring on the summer flowers! Would you be able to post a close-up of one of the leaves?
Kathy C

• Posted: Wed. 4th May 2011 18:35

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unidentified plants in my garden

Reply from LB

I've just googled pictures of agapanthus and I don't think the leaves are quite right - mine are much more slender and more pointed. I'll try and take a pic when I'm next home in daylight!

• Posted: Wed. 4th May 2011 20:13

Re: Unidentified plants in my garden

Reply from Geof

Hi, Yes the Hosta is a spot on, but the climber.... without sizes it is difficult, but the leaf pattern looks like Winter Jasmine to me. The other may be crocosmia, probably is at this time of year.
Geof

• Posted: Mon. 2nd May 2011 16:31