In progress indicator

arizona fastigiata

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Diane Johnson

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

We recently moved our lovely tree and, sadly, I notice that the lower leaves are turning brown and dropping off. The tips of the upper branches are also brown. Its previous position was more shady than it is now. We have watered it and fed it with Ericaceous feed. What have we done wrong and how can we help?

arizona fastigiata (14/05/2011)arizona fastigiata (14/05/2011)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 806
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sat. 14th May 2011 10:40

Re: arizona fastigiata

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Diane,
Moving a conifer the size of yours is a risky undertaking. Once in the ground, they do not like to be moved. How large was the rooball that you dug out? Did you do it by hand or get someone in with a machine? It is in tranplant shock right now and will need much time to recover. Avoid feeding it at this stage. Water if it hasn't rained in a week or so.
Kathy C

• Posted: Sat. 14th May 2011 23:37

Re: arizona fastigiata

Reply from Diane Johnson

Many thanks for your advice, Kathy. I did think it was in shock and I was wondering how long it would last, reasonably. The root ball was transplanted by an expert about two months ago and I presume it was as large as possible, although not done with a machine. The tree is only about 10ft high. I suppose we should just hope for the best.

• Posted: Sun. 15th May 2011 08:03