In progress indicator

the golden ring?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Katrine

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

Hi
I ordered three of these Golden Ring shrubs which have just arrived. They are very dull in colour and there's not even a hint of the golden ring on any of the leaves. Should the golden ring be present all the time, or just during certain months?
I'm so disappointed.
Thanks
Katrine

• Views: 918
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Mon. 16th May 2011 14:07

Re: the golden ring?

Reply from Kathy C

Hi, Katrine,
Where did you source them? Were they mail order and came in a box? My only guess would be if they are young, and have not received any light whilst shipped, the ring could have faded. Hopefully, once receiving adequate light and moisture, the colour will intensify. I would wait to plant them for a week or two and see if the colour develops. If it doesn't, contact the supplier - they might have sent the wrong plant.
Kathy C

• Posted: Mon. 23rd May 2011 19:54

Re: Re: the golden ring?

Reply from Katrine

Hi Kathy
Yes the plants were bought from mail order. I contacted the seller and was told that the plants were much darker than advertised because the current foliage is mature, but when new leaves appear they will have the golden ring. I don't know if that is accurate advice, hence my question.
I've looked at the photo on shoot, and it is very like the plants I have in regards to the main foliage colour (except mine have no golden ring). But the photos that were used to advertise the plants had very beautiful pastel coloured leaves - pale pinks, lavender and pale blue, all with very bright golden rings.

If the plant does darken to the degree mine has as the leaves mature, I think that should have been stated by the seller.
My plants are lovely and healthy, but they are nothing like I expected at all, and I'm still confused as to what colour to expect the new foliage to be. All rather disturbing.

Thanks for all your help
Katrine

• Posted: Mon. 23rd May 2011 21:54