In progress indicator

Powdery mildew on poppies?

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Maureen

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have just discovered what appears to be mildew on my poppies. The lower leaves are greyish and there are some brownish areas on the leaves too but it is predominantly grey. I cannot tell if it is downy or powdery mildew but looking online looks more like powdery mildew. Can you help identify it?

I have read that bicarb of soda can be used to treat powdery mildew. Do you know if this works and if so what is the recipe?
Any help on treatment appreciated as I love my poppies. Thank you.

Powdery mildew on poppies? (12/08/2011)Powdery mildew on poppies? (12/08/2011)Powdery mildew on poppies? (12/08/2011)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 894
  • Replies: 4
  • Posted: Fri. 12th August 2011 22:56

Re: Powdery mildew on poppies?

Reply from Nicola

Hi Maureen, Have you looked at our articles about plant diseases? e.g. Powdery Mildew here? Login and click the CARE tab to get some solutions. I hope that helps:)

• Posted: Sat. 13th August 2011 09:44

Re: Re: Powdery mildew on poppies?

Reply from Maureen

Hi Nicola, Many thanks - yes the advice has been really helpful. Thank you.

• Posted: Sat. 13th August 2011 18:25

Re: Re: Re: Powdery mildew on poppies?

Reply from john hutcheson

Maureen this happened to my poppies in one part of my garden last year. If it is any consolation, they were fine this year. Last year I removed the affected leaves and treated them with some TopRose.

I had not appreciated that poppies could be affected by mildew but seems that they can.

• Posted: Sun. 14th August 2011 08:12

Re: Re: Re: Re: Powdery mildew on poppies?

Reply from Maureen

Hi John,

Many thanks for the Top Rose tip. Will look out for it. Glad your poppies are doing well. Mo.

• Posted: Mon. 15th August 2011 21:58