In progress indicator

Chocolate Cosmos Mold Problem

In progress indicator
Full size image

Question from Eleanor Davis

Close

House rules are loading...

In progress indicator

We are processing your monitoring request...

In progress indicator

In progress indicator

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Comment on a listing

Cancel and close this form

I have 3 plants and all are suffering from a white mildew up the stems. The plants are well spaced out and in between them I have Euphorbia (Diamond Frost) but I've kept them all quite well spaced to allow for air. How can I treat this or do I need to destroy the plants. I had planned on taking cuttings but that looks unlikely now.

Images -
1. The white mildew on the stems.
2. This brown marking is on the back on some leaves.
3. From above to see the spacing.

I keep the ground clear of leaves and weeds.

Any help would be appricated.

Click to enlarge images

Chocolate Cosmos Mold Problem (04/09/2011)Chocolate Cosmos Mold Problem (04/09/2011)Chocolate Cosmos Mold Problem (04/09/2011)

Click image to enlarge

• Views: 1588
  • Replies: 2
  • Posted: Sun. 4th September 2011 17:20

Re: Chocolate Cosmos Mold Problem

Reply from Patricia Jones

Clip off all the leaves affected by the mildew. Mildew likes a humid environment. I found this recipe on the web but have not used it personally or on a plant ;-) .As the chocolate Cosmos isn't hardy (Tender in frost (H3)) it might be worth lifting them now and putting in a greenhouse. Don't water the plants from overhead, this can spread spores.A mulch also can prevent the spores rising.You did the correct thing by increasing air fow to the plants.
Patricia

Ingredients:
•1 gallon of water
•1 tablespoon of baking soda
•1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
•1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid
Mix the ingredients together and add them to a spray bottle. Spray your plants weekly, preferably on overcast days to prevent it from burning the foliage.

• Posted: Mon. 5th September 2011 10:35

Re: Re: Chocolate Cosmos Mold Problem

Reply from Eleanor Davis

Thanks so much. I actually have all those ingredients in the house so I can make it immediately.

• Posted: Fri. 30th September 2011 15:46